Thursday, July 31, 2008

Meet Hide Terada and Dr Richard Zakia Tuesday Aug 5th 7:30PM

Both of our jurists will be available, Tuesday night,for questions and hopefully a pep talk before you go out over the next few weeks to shoot images for this project.

Here is some biographical information about Hide Terada and Dr. Richard Zakia.

Hide Terada

My name is Hide (he-day). I was born in Tokyo, Japan, and came to the United States by myself when I was 14 years old. I grew up shooting pictures, but my real exposure to photojournalism developed during my college days at North Carolina State University. My career as a photojournalist started with a small newspaper. But under the guidance of Dave LaBelle, formerly of the Ventura County Star, I worked my way to a larger daily circulation newspaper which included a local section of the Los Angeles Times. My images have been published through wire services like The Associated Press and Scripps Howard News Service. Now my focuses are journalistic wedding coverage, short term and long term editorial projects, portraiture and fine art photography.

Employment

Former staff photographer of local edition for the Los Angeles Times/TCN. Former full-time correspondent for the Ventura County Star. Nation wide publication provided by AP, Scrips Howard News Service, Corbis, and other media agencies.

"The most important photography tool you have is your brain"

Information from his website and other internet resources

Dr. Richard Zakia

Dr Zakia is Professor Emeritus at Rochester Institute of Technology where he taught photography for 34 years. He is the author of 12 books on photography and imaging. These include Perception and Imaging, Third Edition-Photography a Way of Seeing.

He also served as a photographic engineer in r & d at Kodak. Dr Zakia is a co-author of Basic Photographic Materials and Processes and The Focal Encyclopedia of Photography.

He has worked directly with many highly regarded photographers including Ansel Adams, Minor White and Edward Weston.

The depth of his knowledge regarding photography and its processes is only surpassed by his infectious desire to teach others what he has learned.

He lives nearby in Apex, NC

From internet sources and conversations with Dr. Zakia and his students

1 Comments:

Blogger Yana said...

Hi!

My name is Yana. Let me introduce my proposal to you. Can we start collaborating with your Blog in order to place an article about our site to it?
My contact is: yanablin@gmail.com

I'm looking forward to hearing from you soon.

6:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home